Job Posting: Administrative Assistant / Bookkeeper
Reports To: Executive Director
SUMMARY The Administrative Assistant / Bookkeeper position is responsible for providing office support,
clerical, and daily bookkeeping tasks to ensure Gilllam-Grant Community Center adheres to best practices and
requirements for non-profit business operations and reporting. Confidentiality, efficient time management,
excellent organizational skills, and attention to accuracy are essential qualifications for this position, as is the
ability to communicate clearly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Responsible for essential tasks relating to Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable as directed by the
Executive Director and in accordance with GGCC accounting policies and procedures.
• Responsible for maintaining the general ledger in QuickBooks.
• Maintain, reconcile, and report on the petty cash fund. Verifies and compiles deposits
• Provide assistance with annual audit for the production of financial statements.
• Maintain an accurate and organized file system.
• Prepare report data for the Executive Director. Assists with Board/Committee meeting preparation.
• Provide clerical and administrative support to the Executive Director as requested.
• Answer incoming calls and other receptionist duties. Handles incoming and outgoing mail.
• Provides assistance with program registration and customer service.
• Assists Executive Director with programming, event, and operational needs.
• Knowledge of nonprofit bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles
• QuickBooks and Excel expertise
• A basic understanding of non-profit business operations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to understand financial data, processes, and procedures
• Perform job responsibilities in an efficient and timely fashion.
• Computer proficiency in Office
• A high degree of attention to detail, accuracy, and organization
• Friendly and customer service oriented
Some Fridays may be required.
TO APPLY: Email letter of interest and resume to: Peggy@gillamgrant.org
Peggy Welch, Executive Director
Gillam-Grant Community Center
6966 West Bergen Rd.
Bergen, NY 14416
Register online or by phone (494-1621) or in-person at Gillam-Grant Community Center. Registration and payment with GGCC is required one week prior to the program unless otherwise indicated. GGCC reserves the right to cancel programs for any reason including lack of participation. Decisions to cancel classes due to low enrollment are made one week prior to the start date. If a class within a given program is canceled, Gillam-Grant will make every effort to reschedule the class on a similar day, at a similar time. If this is not possible, the class may need to be made up on a different day and/or time. Gillam-Grant adheres to a no-refund policy unless otherwise indicated specific to a program. Gillam-Grant reserves the right to charge a $40 returned check fee.